Essential Core Coaching
1-hour private sessions: $110
3-session package: $300
6-session package: $550
Essential Core Coaching is a radical departure from what you’ve been taught. We start from the ground up, and work with your whole body. (Yes, if you have low back pain, SI joint issues, and more, this is for you!).
Because you are more than a six-pack.
You can engage mindfully, instead of crushing and crunching your body into submission. You can get stronger by slowing down.
This is our work together.
Here's What I Want You To Know:
When we stop working together, you will have a different way of understanding your body.
You will be on the road to function, so that you can do the things you love with ease and joy.
My job is to help you see and understand the forces at play in your body, so that you can apply that knowledge in a variety of contexts. By helping you tune into small shifts in your body, you’ll have insights into how the mechanics of movement affect your healing, and you’ll be equipped to see your body as more than a collection of parts to be crushed into the confines of societal expectations. And—of course—you’ll start to restore your core.
1-1 sessions take place either in my South Durham office, or from the comfort of your home via Zoom.
Cost: My standard rate for a standalone 1-hour session is $110. Includes the intake process and follow-up emails.
Packages are also available for multiple sessions: 3 sessions for $300. 6 sessions for $550. While I do the same individualized follow-up with every 1-1 client, it is very difficult to achieve lasting change in one session. Wouldn’t it be amazing if our tissues adapted so quickly? If you’ve been on this path long enough, you know that it takes regular practice to grow and change.
Got questions about what a package involves? I have answers:
+ What do I get for my money when I choose a package?
- We meet at regular intervals spaced anywhere from once every other week to once every month (depending on what we find during intake), so that you have time to integrate and practice what you’ve learned.
- The regularity of our meetings means that we’ll have time for troubleshooting whatever issues may be particularly nagging: there is time for your SI joint pain, your tight hips, your stuck shoulder. Because of the whole-body approach I take, we’ll leave no stone unturned.
- If you’re meeting with me in Durham, you’ll receive emailed homework and/or short videos demonstrating specific exercises when necessary, so you can so that you can keep up your work when I’m not right there with you.
- We work together to decide how much homework is reasonable for YOU. This doesn’t need to be another thing on your to-do list that never gets done.
- You’ll get a copy of my Core & Pelvic Floor Basics handout with reminders about the 3 Bs and 5 simple lifestyle shifts, so that you have an easy cheat sheet to get you moving better every day.
- Zoom clients receive a video recording of all their sessions, so that you can review our meeting. You’ll also get an email reminder about your homework.
- Unlimited email support—ask me anything—so that you have clarity on your process.
+ Tell me more—how exactly does this work?
- Session 1: Intake & assessment: We start off by getting a picture of you as a mover in the past and present, including injuries, life changes, etc. I’ll look at how you stand, walk, and breathe, and you will leave the very first session with some insights into your body that you may not have had before. Your homework: You’ll have no more than 5 exercises to practice that are directly related to your goals. Usually, I will ask you what's realistic and doable and we'll collaborate on what you should work on between sessions.
- Session 2: Basics: We review your homework and layer in more work specifically related to learning how to engage your core effectively and/or your specific goals. We will work with your breath and look at your mobility in several areas.
- Remaining sessions: Integrate: We’ll check in on your progress again, and add another layer of load and/or more complex movements to the work you’ve been doing. Now is also a great time to work on particular issues that may be impeding your joy as a mover (e.g., sacroiliac joint pain, tight shoulders, etc.).
- Final session: my goal when you finish working with me is for you to feel like you have the tools to go out and move in whatever way brings you joy. We will spend your last session checking in about what you want to do next and going over any specific movements that might pose a particular challenge in your future endeavors.
- Follow-up: If you ever hit a snag or find that you’re in need of a tune-up, you’re welcome to book a one-off session or additional 4-session package at a reduced rate.
+ Do you ever offer discounts or a payment plan?
Yes, we can break up your payment into smaller chunks! I will be adding this function to my booking system later this spring; until then, pleaes email me if you'd like to break up your package payments. If a package is out of reach for you financially at this time, please click here to enter your name in the pool for free sessions. I offer two free or pay-what-you-can four-session packages every year (next drawing is May 1, 2019), and one free stand-alone session per month (drawing on the 1st of the month, beginning May 2019). I use a random number generator to pick folks from the list each month.
+ Do you offer a refund?
I do not offer refunds on packages. There is no money-back guarantee—too much of this process is about what you invest mentally and physically, not just what I offer you. We are working as a team. If you're not sure whether we're a great fit, schedule a free call to see if my skills match your needs, or come to one of my workshops or classes.
+ What if I can't use all my sessions in time?
Your package expires either 3 (3 session package) or 6 months (6 session package) from the date of purchase. When you purchase your package, you are immediately able to begin scheduling sessions. If you find that you cannot find enough slots in my schedule (i.e., using your package is difficult because of my availability), I can extend the dates. However, if you know that you are having surgery, going on a six-week vacation, etc., please wait to buy your package. Of course, stuff happens, and in the case of an emergency, we can extend your package.